Notes of my Lotus Notes Headline Animator

Search My Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Automatically Moving Return Receipts to Folder

I wanted to move the Return Receipts that I receive to my mailbox, to be moved to the folder I created under Folders, named as "Return Receipts".

Tried some agents - did not work.
Tried rules that check for the Subject field containing "RECEIVED:" - did not work.

Then I forgot about it.

Few days back I again recollected of this task. I tried to check some unique fields or field values that differentiates the Return Receipts from the normal Memo.
I tried hard, could not find any unique field.
And suddenly my attention went to the Form field.
Yes, yes, yes. I found it.

Now, the job is to check if the Rules section takes care of the Form field or not. Or is it just for the Subject field only.

And I found it...



Now all my Return Receipts automatically go to the folder that I created, instead of remaining in Inbox.


Edit:
Something I had mentioned in Comments section, copying it here for easy reference:

[I am using:

IBM Lotus Notes 8.5
Release 8.5.2FP2
Revision 20110323.0837-FP2 (Release 8.5.2FP2)
Standard Configuration

and it has the 'Form' rule in it.

If you don't see it then your company doesn't want it or the LN team doesn't think that people can use it to their advantage.

You can add this detail to the the Rules form in LN Designer s/w, if you are a Lotus Notes Designer.]

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was very helpful. This has been bugging me since I started using Notes. Former workplaces used Exchange/Outlook.

Thank you for the information.

Mark

Sandie said...

Thank You, I've been trying to figure this out for a while. This was very helpful.

Unknown said...

Unfortunately "FORM" option is unavailable in the Condition Drop down Menu?

How to create it in LN, if it is unavailable ?

As of now I am using IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 Revision 20100811.1131 (Release 8.5.2)

Unknown said...

Unfortunately "FORM" option is unavailable in the Condition Drop down Menu?

How to create it in LN, if it is unavailable ?

As of now I am using IBM Lotus Notes 8.5 Revision 20100811.1131 (Release 8.5.2)

KhushiG said...

I am using:

IBM Lotus Notes 8.5
Release 8.5.2FP2
Revision 20110323.0837-FP2 (Release 8.5.2FP2)
Standard Configuration

and it has the 'Form' rule in it.

If you don't see it then your company doesn't want it or the LN team doesn't think that people can use it to their advantage.

You can add this detail to the the Rules form in LN Designer s/w, if you are a Lotus Notes Designer.

Anonymous said...

You're awesome! I've been fighting this for a while! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

THANKS!

Anonymous said...

This was very helpful! Thank you

Anonymous said...

You. Are. A. Hero. Thank you, thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thanks you saved me.

Mark Pritchard said...

Do you have any ideas on how to accomplish this with non-Lotus generated return receipts?

I tried creating a rule that looks for "Read:" in the subject. But no luck.

Thank you,
Mark

KhushiG said...

It should have worked.
Subject contains Read:

Not sure why it didn't work. I would have verified it, however I don't have lotus notes installed in my laptop as my organization has moved to Microsoft Outlook :(

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU...
Million times.

Anonymous said...

Well done... Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant, thanks so much. Still good on 9.0.1

Jeff said...

Thank you so much! Still helping users in 2019.

Unknown said...

Thank You! The solution is really very helpful!

Unknown said...

Thank You! It really helps!

Anonymous said...

Thank you. Really great help!

Ravi said...

It is not working on IBM Notes version 10!

Unknown said...

Thank you very much! Saves me a lot of time and annoyance!

Anonymous said...

This thing has been irking me since so so long.. Finally this trick worked..
And yes this is still helping people in Aug 2020.....